Monday, February 7, 2011

Knitting

More than three years ago I started knitting. I'd just moved into my own place and found that I didn't like just sitting in front of TV - I needed something to do.
My wonderful grandmother showed me how and had me knitting "Hats for the Homeless," a church group thing. No, I am not at all religious, that's her thing. Once I'd mastered the basic pearl/knit stitches, I made a scarf or two, tried some odds and ends: baby blanket, wrist warmers. Wool is expensive and like everything else, the styles go through phases so I tend to doddle a little when picking the next thing. I also go through my own phases where I power through a bunch of stuff and then don’t pick up a needle for weeks.
In the project bag I have a hat trial (knitting in the round, the ones I made for my Oma were sown together), a sock, and a throw that I’d started for an old friend. We “broke up” in what I feel is the lamest way possible and so I lost interest for a while. There are a billion things in my Ravelry queue which I’d like to eventually get to.
I think to start, I'm going to try to focus on finishing this throw. I'll keep you posted on the progress, but there are so many things I want to do that I have a feeling it might take a while.

No comments: